Presented by Snake Prairie Rural Events & Entertainment
Cook some chili on the prairie and see if you'll go home the Chili Jampion!
• Traditional Texas Chili (no beans or pasta products)
• Exotic Chili (anything goes)
• Margarita Mix-off (frozen or rocks)
1. All chili and margaritas must be prepared onsite, out in the open.
2. Cooks and mixologists may bring whatever cookware they need to prepare their entries. Note that electricity is not available to each chili site, but there will be an electrical outlet should margarita blending be necessary.
3. Official chili judging will be in a blind taste test fashion for both categories. Judges' scores will be applied accordingly. One "Reveler's Choice" — aka "people's choice" — winner will be selected by public approval.
4. "Traditional Texas Chili", per common criteria, means chili without beans, pasta, rice, or like items. "Exotic Chili" can encompass beans and whatever else you think a good bowl of chili means.
5. Margaritas can be made frozen or on the rocks.
6. Prep and cooking begins at noon. Chili turn in at 4 p.m. Public tastings available after turn in. Cook fast or take your time, but make a little extra to share. Margarita turn in at 4 p.m. Awards at 5 p.m.
7. All decisions or discrepancies will be handled by the cook-off officials and their ruling will be final. Remember: no one is getting rich off of this, so let's have fun!
• Chili: $200 awarded to first place winners, trophies for first through third place.
• Margarita: First place winner takes money pot, trophies first through third place.
COOK-OFF ENTRY FEE
• Chili: $20 per category
• Margarita: $10
NOTE: Cook-off entry fee gets you admission to the show.
Entry fee collected day of event.
Scroll to the bottom of this page for your registration submission.
Questions or comments, call or text Erik at 512-718-8677.
$5 per person, non-cookers, cash only. Admission gets you chili samples and entrance to the show by Armadillo Road. A portion of each ticket will go towards Texas dance hall renovation efforts.
April 18, 2020
• Noon: Rules breakdown, welcome address
• 12:15 p.m.: Cooking gets underway
• 4 p.m.: Judging
• 5 p.m.: Awards and such
• 4 - 6 p.m. Music by Armadillo Road on the Barn Stage
Scroll down for some house rules.
1. No dogs.
2. Glass bottles are discouraged. Make it easier on us and recycling by bringing cans whenever possible.
3. Please wear shoes at all times. This is the country, and though we try hard to keep everything nice around here, there are things you might not want to step on.
4. Smoking will be tolerated, but please do not throw your butts on the ground. Use a can to dispose of those things properly.
5. Please don't climb on the trees, they are for shade and bird nests. If you bring a kid, please let them know this.
6. Please don't litter. Put your trash in the bins provided. No need to be messy. Treat our place as you'd treat yours. Your admission guarantees you the right to hear live music and taste chili, it does not grant you permission to leave trash laying around.
7. Bring your chairs, blankets, picnic tables, shade structures, or whatever else you need to be comfortable.
8. Follow the signs to the parking area. Don't jump fences.